THINGS IN MY HOME - EAMES HANG IT ALL







I guess I never realised how much I love the Eames's furniture and products, until I kindoff realised I have bought many of them and seem to keep them for myself. It felt an extravagant buy at the time, for a coat hanger, but I still love it and it has now followed me to two houses. It also works and as you can see I fully use it!.

Both Charles and Ray Eames (1907-1978 and 1912-1988) loved designing for children. As well as their furniture and architectural projects, they developed toys, games, puzzles and children's furniture like the jolly Hang-It-All.

Designed in 1953, the Hang-It-All was produced using the same welding technology with which the Eames had designed their famous Wire Chairs. The wire framework and brightly coloured wooden balls were intended to hang children's clothes, toys, and bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment